Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Making sense of Twitter

When I first logged on to Twitter I failed to see the point. I was too busy to care who went where and who ate what. I had enough trouble keeping track of myself. Then I realized that the most important thing is not keeping tracking of who is doing what and when but what is going on in your field of endeavor. I then started to follow several people who I felt were knowledgeable in areas that I tried to keep current. In no time at all I found webinars of interest, very cool websites, ustream lectures to name just a few intriguing connections. Immediately my unbelievably crowded desktop expanded to classrooms in Asia, webinars in Kansas, video tutorials, splashups, mashups, and intercontinental free phone calls. You could say there was everything from analog mp3s to wikispaces by the zillions.
Here is an example of one of my finds. This google gadget allows you to send an SMS from your webpage.
http://www.google.com/ig/directory?synd=open&source=gghp&num=24&url=http://www.telemessage.com/qsms/qsms.xml

No comments: